If you are trying to lose body fat, then you know that the foods that you eat contribute to your success or failure. If you eat foods that have too many excess calories, then those calories will be stored as body fat. By avoiding certain foods, you will be able to prevent intake of excessive calories and foods that have no nutritional value.
Avoid these foods if you are trying to lose body fat:
- High-sugar fruit smoothies – Fruit smoothies sold in certain chain stores — typically in malls — often contain high amounts of added sugar, with little fruit content. Excessive sugar means excessive calories, which is what you are trying to avoid when your goal is to lose body fat. A serving of INVIGOR8 all-natural Nutritional Shake and Green Superfood contains only 170 calories, is low in sugars and uses calorie-free stevia for natural sweetness. Adding a handful of healthy berries to your smoothie will help satisfy your sugar cravings while holding down the calorie count.
- Frosting – Frosting found on baked products such as cookies or cakes might taste good, but it contains large amounts of trans fat. The negative effects of consuming trans fat are many and include negatively affecting increased bad cholesterol levels, exposing you to the risk of diabetes and inflammation. Frosting is also high in sugar, increasing your calorie intake.
- Soda – Not only does soda contain empty calories because it has zero nutritional benefit, it also contains loads of sugar. In fact, a can of soda can contain up to 10 packets of sugar. Try replacing soda with water or sparkling water, which will keep you hydrated but not fill you with excess calories. Add a slice of citrus fruit for flavor.
- Alcohol – Just like soda, alcohol has no nutritional benefit and contains lots of calories. It also affects your judgment and will power, which might lead you to make bad decisions about what food to eat.
- Processed baked foods – Stay away from doughnuts, muffins and cake. These foods contain lots of sugar as well as preservatives to give them a longer shelf life.
- Bacon – The fact that bacon is high in fat, contains preservatives and is high in sodium is enough reason to avoid it. Cut this food from your diet if you are trying to lose body fat or choose an uncured brand that is not loaded with antibiotics and other chemicals, and limit your intake.
- Cereals – Loaded with added sugar, many cereals also contain gluten, which causes inflammation and skin problems.
- Margarine – Margarine contains unhealthy trans fat; choose grass-fed butter instead.
By avoiding these 8 foods, you will put yourself on a path to losing body fat and reaching your ideal weight.